Creative Society wants to help you get fresh this summer. I put together this list of black-owned fashion lines you should check out to broaden your horizons. Support these alternative and creative clothing lines by checking out their work below.
1. The Brooklyn Circus, founded by Ouigi Theodore, is a brand inspired by iconic American fashion.
2. Daily Paper is an Amsterdam-based clothing label founded by three friends, Hussein Suleiman, Jefferson Osei and Abderrahmane Trabsini. Daily Paper combines inspiration from African prints and contemporary fashion.
3. Belgian pop star Stromae recently dropped Mosaert, an unisex clothing line inspired by prep and African prints.
4. Most known for their Real Friends hat, KnarlyDB and Jazerai Allen-Lord created God Bless the Fresh.
5. Joe Fresh Goods and Vic Loyd created well-known and loved line, DBM.
6. Rahyma is a Toronto-based, African-print-inspired clothing line founded by Rahyma A.
7. Philadelphia Print Works, widely recognized for their ‘School of Thought’ line, has a beautiful array of conscious tees, hoodies and crewnecks.
8. Nakimuli, founded by Tennille McMillan, is a clothing line that aims to empower women of all shapes and sizes by offering clothing that is affordable, accessible and fashion-forward.
9. Monif Clarke created the line Monif C, a plus size clothing line that is inspired by her Barbadian roots.
10. Rue107, founded by Haitian-born, Marie-Jean Baptiste, aims to give women the opportunity to express themselves authentically.
11. Desiree D’Aguiar combines her love of fashion, art and beachwear by designing the beautiful swimwear line Winifred Taylor.