So, about the Golden Globes. Initially, I had zero intention of watching it—I’ve been underwhelmed with Hollywood for numerous reasons lately—but something in me just had to see what was going to happen. While I was a bit disappointed with pretty much most of several aspects of the show, and I didn’t get to see Idris Elba, there were still moments of the night that made me genuinely smile, and moments that made me cackle wholeheartedly
1) The Red Carpet Slays. Well, first off, Angela Bassett refuses to age. Laverne Cox came in and showed everyone up in a gorgeous Elizabeth Kennedy dress. Uzo Aduba was sparkling. And Will & Jada were the epitome of Black love. Just yes…#Goals
2) Corinne Foxx as Miss Golden Globe. Enough said
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
3) Viola Davis showing everyone how regal she really is
4) Jamie Foxx pulling a Steve Harvey and yelling 'Straight Outta Compton' as the winner of Best Score
7) ...And Regina King's face as well