Yesterday, Twitter decided to spread the love … and wellness … by sharing workplace rituals with the hashtag #HowIStaySaneInMyWorkplace.
Hahahahaha…. #HowIStaySaneInMyWorkspace Who said I stayed Sane!!!
— CC Thought She (@SitDownCece) January 19, 2016
But what about those days when even rituals won’t work – when playing the professional and keeping the peace is the ultimate struggle?
Is this you?
1. You’re basically a cast member from “The Walking Dead” before coffee.
2. Any time a co-worker wanders over before noon, you lose it.
3. You often receive follow-up emails about morning meetings, that you’ve missed.
4. When you make meetings, you’re only there to daydream about things you’d rather be doing.
5. Your boss volunteers you to head up the new project. And then says your name wrong … again
6. When you’re eating, alone, in the break room, there’s always a colleague who wants to sit and talk about about … well anything at all.
7. Your greatest joy is in escaping back to your desk to watch Meek Mill and 50 Cent beef on Twitter.
8. Any afternoon activity is merely an attempt to shake off post-lunch itis.
9. In fact most of your afternoon is spent hoping that doing so will make time go by faster.
10. Your boss comes over to your desk asking for a write up of that new project before he leaves at 4 p.m. It’s 3:17.
11. You can’t be bothered when co-workers try to coerce you into happy hour after work.
12. Exiting the building somehow reminds you of every ending to every fugitive slave narrative you’ve ever read.
13. The only thing more painful than your work day is the realization that you have to do it all again tomorrow.
Here’s to makin’ it!