Dear Dad: 5 kids highlight Black fatherhood
In honor of Father’s Day, listen to the words these young people have for their fathers. Each poet tells of the role of Black fathers in their lives, and together the five voices create a narrative that celebrates, challenges and pays homage to the multifaceted realities of their own experiences with fatherhood.
- “Father’s American Dream” by Porsha Olayiwola
- “My Father is an Oyster” by Clint Smith
- “Knock Knock” by Daniel Beaty
- “The Drug Dealers Daughter” by Siaara Freeman
- “60 Seconds” by Ebony Stewart
want more content like this? Sign up for our weekly digest below.