The death of Alton Sterling is still fresh on our minds and hearts. Whenever we think of the continued police brutality that takes place in America, his untimely death ranks at the top of the list. Sterling's son has spoken out about his father's death and pushed for change in a positive way. However, the news Tuesday surrounding the death of Alton Sterling was not so positive. A federal judge has ordered that the autopsy report of Sterling be sealed

During a call with the Associated Press, East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner Beau Clark said that he is prohibited from releasing the autopsy report his office conducted. Clark also mentioned that the report was completed and signed by him on Monday. Last month Clark provided details surrounding Sterling's death stating that he suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the back and chest. Clark says this is the first time since 2012 when he became coroner that a judge ordered an autopsy to be sealed. Clark typically consults solely with law enforcement officials before releasing the results, but this time, his hands were tied by a court. None of the East Baton Rouge agencies involved or Justice Department have provided a comment on which agency made the request

Other items that have yet to be released are the dash cam videos, body cam video and the surveillance from the convenience store, all three of which are in possession of East Baton Rouge authorities. Hopefully, the full details of Sterling's death are released and provided to the family so that they may have closure. Although, the video tells the true story


Stay connected to Black Twitter, news, and the best content on the Internet by signing up for Blavity's newsletter.