Methanol Detected In Teens Who Died In A South African Nightclub
One witness said people were heard in the tavern yelling "I can't breathe."
July 20, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Traces of methanol were found in the bodies of 21 teenagers who died after celebrating at a South African nightclub in June. Government officials joined police at a press conference on Tuesday to reveal the latest details in the case, The Washington Post reports. While the substance was detected in the blood samples of the teens, experts said they’re still assessing the methanol levels to determine whether the amounts were “lethal” or “nonlethal.”