This morning The Breakfast Club and rapper/mogul Birdman collided in a brief exchange of words. What was to be a full-fledged interview became a two-minute tirade of Birdman wanting his R-e-s-p-e-c-k
Birdman entered the studio on some bully type deal https://t.co/vDrsAJRYLE— ㅤ (@creativemedia7) April 22, 2016'
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
Thus #RespectMyName was born. Here is Black Twitter's hilarious summary of the epic clapback.
1. Who knew Birdman was training for the National Spelling Bee.
Spelling Bee Moderator:Your word is "respect" Birdman:R-E-S-P-E-C-K respeck pic.twitter.com/Rz17SY1apg — Doc Savage (@SoloChills) April 22, 2016 '
2. Someone got their daily dose of "The Wire" this morning.
Birdman turned into Marlo from the wire "STOP PLAYING WITH MY NAME" pic.twitter.com/io8ySdYoyY— DJ Akademiks (@IamAkademiks) April 22, 2016'
3. When two memes merge in comical matrimony.
4. The "Aretha Franklin Story" starring Birdman.
"R-E-S-P-E-C-K find out what it means to me!" pic.twitter.com/XYhXPGmBMv— Hawah (@Hawah_Eve) April 22, 2016'
5. We have all been in his shoes at one time or another.
When momma puts her good wig on to run up to your school pic.twitter.com/rACj8cq9ce — R.E.S.P.E.C.K. ✨ (@BussyJuice_) April 22, 2016 '
6. Whenever the teacher made this face, you knew you were in trouble.
When your teacher say "I'll wait for y'all to stop talking" and y'all get louder pic.twitter.com/34g0G0TmpV— Jhérrueche (@JayBeActinUp) April 22, 2016'
7. When Birdman is tired of repeating himself.
"Stop playin wit my name!" pic.twitter.com/hSvUajIboB — Clapbactivist™ (@steenfox) April 22, 2016 '
8. Birdman's anger channeled this animated response.
Y'all put some respek on my name all tree of y'all pic.twitter.com/QhsiyFxoUV— Petty Boots (@Shanyia_Brown) April 22, 2016'
9. All the family reunions ended like this.
When you brought your older cousins to show them who hit you #RespectMyName pic.twitter.com/mt9dyAfqfn — Puff Radhy (@TheOnlyRadhy) April 22, 2016 '
10. If you've never done this, you a lie and the truth is not in you.
11. Another interpretation of the events this morning.
"Did y'all pull up on Ross or Trick daddy that way?" Birdman: pic.twitter.com/YY3CljUSrY — Dion (@Dieonjamz) April 22, 2016 '
12. And one can't escape the Jordan face.
Birdman’s interview walk off is definitely the funniest since R. Kelly’s interview walk off pic.twitter.com/p0cDy7JMiN— Angry Man (@AngryBlkManDC) April 22, 2016'
13. He even got the Spongebob treatment.
Birdman:"Put some respeck on my name..All tree of y'all"@cthagod: "U pull up on Ross or trickdaddy?" Birdman: pic.twitter.com/tupt1oepZG — ️CAS (@CASComing) April 22, 2016 '
14. Instead of joining Kanye's "Grammy Family" Birdman joins an elite team.
New addition to the petty family. Welcome uncle Birdman pic.twitter.com/yPbJvgTFkI— Thick Daddy. (@FREDiCURE) April 22, 2016'
15. When you and your squad have made your point, there's nothing left to do but...
😂 RT @imageasdesign: when Birdman made his exit pic.twitter.com/6fwgKlcLlF — Cersei (@CrazyClarine) April 22, 2016 '
16. And whether it's the stellar crying MJ edits or this guy's laughter, this hands down -- birdman rub -- is the best thing!
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Respek it pic.twitter.com/jJy5JDrYKr— search me on spotify (@MarvelAlexander) April 22, 2016'
LOL! We're done.
Y'all finished or y'all done? 😭😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/YY5FhP0PSU — search me on spotify (@MarvelAlexander) April 22, 2016 '
Moral of the story. In trying to prevent playing himself, Birdman played himself. Don't be like Birdman.
To Mock a Birdman > To Kill a Mockingbird— Ol' QWERTY Bastard (@TheDiLLon1) April 22, 2016'