Birdman entered the studio on some bully type deal https://t.co/vDrsAJRYLE— ㅤ (@creativemedia7) April 22, 2016
Thus #RespectMyName was born. Here is Black Twitter's hilarious summary of the epic clapback.Photo: giphy.com
1. Who knew Birdman was training for the National Spelling Bee.
Spelling Bee Moderator:Your word is "respect" Birdman:R-E-S-P-E-C-K respeck pic.twitter.com/Rz17SY1apg — Doc Savage (@SoloChills) April 22, 2016
2. Someone got their daily dose of "The Wire" this morning.
Birdman turned into Marlo from the wire "STOP PLAYING WITH MY NAME" pic.twitter.com/io8ySdYoyY— DJ Akademiks (@IamAkademiks) April 22, 2016
3. When two memes merge in comical matrimony.
I can't breeve pic.twitter.com/NFVJqftOXJ — R.E.S.P.E.C.K. ✨ (@BussyJuice_) April 22, 2016
4. The "Aretha Franklin Story" starring Birdman.
"R-E-S-P-E-C-K find out what it means to me!" pic.twitter.com/XYhXPGmBMv— Hawah (@Hawah_Eve) April 22, 2016
5. We have all been in his shoes at one time or another.
When momma puts her good wig on to run up to your school pic.twitter.com/rACj8cq9ce — R.E.S.P.E.C.K. ✨ (@BussyJuice_) April 22, 2016
6. Whenever the teacher made this face, you knew you were in trouble.
When your teacher say "I'll wait for y'all to stop talking" and y'all get louder pic.twitter.com/34g0G0TmpV— Jhérrueche (@JayBeActinUp) April 22, 2016
7. When Birdman is tired of repeating himself.
"Stop playin wit my name!" pic.twitter.com/hSvUajIboB — Clapbactivist™ (@steenfox) April 22, 2016
8. Birdman's anger channeled this animated response.
Y'all put some respek on my name all tree of y'all pic.twitter.com/QhsiyFxoUV— Petty Boots (@Shanyia_Brown) April 22, 2016
9. All the family reunions ended like this.
When you brought your older cousins to show them who hit you #RespectMyName pic.twitter.com/mt9dyAfqfn — Puff Radhy (@TheOnlyRadhy) April 22, 2016
10. If you've never done this, you a lie and the truth is not in you.
11. Another interpretation of the events this morning.
"Did y'all pull up on Ross or Trick daddy that way?" Birdman: pic.twitter.com/YY3CljUSrY — Dion (@Dieonjamz) April 22, 2016
12. And one can't escape the Jordan face.
Birdman’s interview walk off is definitely the funniest since R. Kelly’s interview walk off pic.twitter.com/p0cDy7JMiN— Angry Man (@AngryBlkManDC) April 22, 2016
13. He even got the Spongebob treatment.
Birdman:"Put some respeck on my name..All tree of y'all"@cthagod: "U pull up on Ross or trickdaddy?" Birdman: pic.twitter.com/tupt1oepZG — ️CAS (@CASComing) April 22, 2016
14. Instead of joining Kanye's "Grammy Family" Birdman joins an elite team.
New addition to the petty family. Welcome uncle Birdman pic.twitter.com/yPbJvgTFkI— Thick Daddy. (@FREDiCURE) April 22, 2016
15. When you and your squad have made your point, there's nothing left to do but...
😂 RT @imageasdesign: when Birdman made his exit pic.twitter.com/6fwgKlcLlF — Cersei (@CrazyClarine) April 22, 2016
16. And whether it's the stellar crying MJ edits or this guy's laughter, this hands down -- birdman rub -- is the best thing!
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Respek it pic.twitter.com/jJy5JDrYKr— search me on spotify (@MarvelAlexander) April 22, 2016
LOL! We're done.
Y'all finished or y'all done? 😭😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/YY5FhP0PSU — search me on spotify (@MarvelAlexander) April 22, 2016
Moral of the story. In trying to prevent playing himself, Birdman played himself. Don't be like Birdman.
To Mock a Birdman > To Kill a Mockingbird— Ol' QWERTY Bastard (@TheDiLLon1) April 22, 2016