I think all of you are superheroes. I really do. They say 80% of the battle is just showing up and that’s why you are reading this today. My big hairy audacious goal is to help you get past the other 20% by the time you finish this post.

My name is Chris ‘The Startup Superhero’ Coleman and I believe that inside each and every one of you is a idea that can change the world. The very fact that you’re reading this solidifies that you are a part of the select few that have an idea and are taking action to make it a reality.

But before we get too deep, I think it is only fair that I tell you a little bit about myself.

Over all of my social media profiles, YouTube subscribers, email list and people that have purchased my books, I have amassed almost 20k people that are interested in my content and that enjoy connecting with me. My work has been read in over 140 countries and I have written material for countless other websites and companies while being featured and interviewed by people all over the world. I’m no celebrity, I don’t come from a wealthy or well known family and I didn’t know anything or anybody in technology or motivational speaking when I first started on my journey at age 19.

What I learned very quickly was that by using the internet and more specifically, social media, I could connect with people all around the world and learn skills that would change my life.

By using various social media sites on the daily, I was able to:

  • Create multiple companies
  • Raise funding for my company from a private investor
  • Get into a top startup accelerator program in San Francisco
  • And land press in global publications which led to me beginning to speak.

All of this was accomplished by using social media and in the next few posts I’ll show you how you can do the same in what I call, “Do it for the Vine.”

So let’s be real with each other. As minorities, people are already looking at us differently than our peers and we often have to work three times as hard for the same opportunity as others…but that doesn’t mean you can’t outshine everyone else.

I’m going to show you step-by-step, how you can craft an incredible social presence.

Social media is a person’s first peek inside of your life. What you say online  (for the better or worse) the impression people will have of you — so give them something good to talk about.

How do you go about creating this good first impression? Well that’s what I’m here to break down for you into 2 full posts:

  1. Crafting your bio and viritual presence
  2. Building your personal bio and online resume
  3. Finding and connecting with “influencers”


Lets go!