Tim Norman, former Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s celebrity, has been sentenced to life in federal prison after being found guilty of a murder-for-hire plot against his nephew, 21-year-old Andre Montgomery Jr.
“Tim Norman portrayed one image to the public, but there were more sinister intentions lurking underneath,” she said in a press release published Thursday. “And the measure of someone’s character is what they do when they think no one is watching. When he thought no one was watching, he planned the execution of his nephew and carried it out.”
Special Agent in Charge Jay Greenberg of the FBI St. Louis Division also said in a statement how Norman’s actions have led to multiple families being forever changed.
“Five families, especially that of the victim, are suffering and irreparably harmed as a result of Norman’s plot to have his own nephew murdered,” he said. “At least all his co-conspirators have accepted responsibility. To this day, Norman hasn’t accepted responsibility despite the fact 12 jurors unanimously convicted him after seeing and hearing seven days of evidence in trial.”
Last week, however, Norman maintained his innocence in an Instagram post, writing in part, “I’m still in disbelief. The feds knew 100% I did not do those insurance policies. But the jury didn’t get to hear that. And not one person got on the stand and said that I told them to hurt my nephew. They destroyed my name and image so you guys wouldn’t search for the truth.”
According to the Justice Department’s press Sept. 16, 2022 press release after Norman’s conviction last year, Norman “took out a life insurance policy worth $450,000” on Montgomery on March 14, 2016.
Norman “then arranged through intermediaries for his nephew’s murder so that he could profit from it.” Those intermediaries, gunman Travell Anthony Hill, Terica Ellis, and Waiel “Wally” Rebhi Yaghnam, have all pleaded guilty to their part in the murder.