10 Black things you should know about this week: April 24, 2015
April 24, 2015 at 11:12 am
Every week Blavity sends a newsletter that gives you everything you need to know that happened in the Black world. We do the reading for you – crawl black twitter– and break it down with fresh editorial content. This week we decided to share it with you. If you dig it, sign up below to get next week’s list in your inbox.
1. So much shade this week between Black scholars Michael Eric Dyson and Cornel West. Here’s the piece by Eric Dyson that started it all and here’s Professor West’s response. #clapback
2. Jada Pinkett Smith isn’t boarding the Hillary Clinton train until these questions get answered. Check out her list of QTNA.
3. In this week’s example of corporate marketing appropriation, Hefty launches a new campaign that literally sounds like Urban Dictionary word vomit.
4. Waka Flocka is running for President. Here are 10 Waka Flocka songs that could be the foundation of his gov’t programs during his presidency.
5. A new report shows that the FBI overstated forensic hair matches in nearly all criminal trials for decades. Read more about their flawed analysis and what that means for past cases.
6. Blerds rejoice around the country as Neil deGrasse Tyson’s gets his own late night talk show called ‘Star Talk.’ His first episode aired this week.
7. The Senate confirmed Loretta Lynch for Attorney General. Sh
8. Wednesday was Earth day and it was apparently a big deal because the internet kind of went crazy over Google’s doodle. Blavity shouted out 5 environmentalist who deserved some shine too.
9. Welp that was fast! Tidal flops, crashing out of top 700 apps in download chart.Read about why it’s failing here.
10. My heart almost exploded while watching this adorable video of Michelle Obama answering a young girl’s question at the White Houses’s bring your child to work day
That’s all folks… You’re all blacked up. Love this list? Sign up for our top 10 Black things to come straight to your inbox below.