15 epic places Every Black American needs to visit before they turn 30
May 05, 2015 at 3:10 am
Black Americans have been bitten by the travel bug, and it’s not just those old and retired ones who have time and money on their hands who do so anymore. The younger generation have taken to traveling to quench their wanderlust.
If you think about it, traveling before you reach the age of 30 is a great decision. Traveling young widens your perspective and view of the world and plays a big role in shaping the way you will live the rest of your life. So why not travel now before big life decisions (marriage, kids, career, and all that other serious stuff) happen and take away the perfect time and opportunity to do so?
If you’re looking for several places to start, here’s a bucket list of places you should definitely go to before your time runs out!
1. The Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
2. Elmina Castle, Ghana
3. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4. The Inca Trail to Machu Pichu, Peru
5. Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
6. International Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico
7. Blyde River Canyon and the Panorama Route, South Africa
8. Kruger National Park, South Africa
9. Old Havana, Cuba
10. Jerusalem, Israel
11. Carnival at Trinidad & Tobago
12. Cape Peninsula in Cape Town, South Africa
13. Hanuman’s Temple in Jaipur, India
14. Montgomery, Alabama
15. The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri