It’s 2016 and everyone is starting to finding their voice. Some of voices that were once silenced back in the day, are now at the forefront of the conversation. As a plus size style blogger, it warmed my heart up when I saw Danielle Brooks as the face of a Christian Siriano's collection for Lane Bryant. It’s taking us some time, but we are finally getting there
As much as I want to sit here and relish in the strides the plus size industry is making, I would feel remiss if I didn’t put some shine on our big and tall brothers. Plus size women are celebrated more widely in the fashion community. We might not be on the runways of Paris Fashion Week, but we have an empowering network of bloggers, brands and body positive advocates. Unfortunately, there aren’t many spaces for big and tall men to be celebrated because society has ludicrous gender role expectations. Men need to be celebrated and empowered too
With a little bit of research, I'm happy to say things are on the up-and-up for the big and tall fashion scene. Slowly, regimes of fashion-foward brothers who are killing the game are emerging, and you have to check them out. Here are 6 big and tall brothers who are killing the fashion scene:
1. Kavah King of The Gentlemen’s CurbThis Brooklyn native runs The Gentlemen’s Curb, which promotes fashion and tips for big and tall men, as well as how to incorporate fitness into their lifestyle
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
Pic one of the #Photochallenge for the month of March. #Art #Blog #Blogger #Fitness #Fashion #PlusMaleFashion #PlusMaleModel #GentlemensCurb #MalePlusSizeModel #BloggerLife #MalePlusSize #PlusSizeMale #PlusMaleBlogger #Photography #BigAndTall #BigAndTallFashion #effyourbeautystandards #Fatshion #BigAndTallBlogger #BignTallBlog #BigMenFashion #KingCurvy #BHK #CelebrateMySize #PlusModelMag #PlusMaleModel #PlusMaleRevolution #PSBlogger #MenOfWeight #BigAndTrendy
2. Michael Anthony-Spearman of Big Fashion GuyThe Detroit-based menswear designer and stylist behind The Big Fashion Guy covers big and tall menswear, fashion design, grooming, health and fitness
'|#TheBigFashionGuy| Look Details👌🏾#DetroitBeards A photo posted by Michael-Anthony (@thebigfashionguy) on'
3. Kelvin Davis of Notoriously DapperBased out of Columbia, South Carolina, Kelvin runs the blog Notoriously Dapper, a body positive style guide for men
4. Marv NealMarv Neal hails from Detroit He showcases his styling on Instagram, but also gives a look at some of his personal style
6. James R. Sanders of Styled by JamesJames R. Sanders is a fashion journalist and stylist. He works in New York, but publishes in fashion capitals such as London, Milan and Paris
That glow is curtesy of none other than my #wcw @kinshasak for giving me #kemet natural #Realness I was smiling because I finally finished the first season of my very own #TalkShow and the finale was every bit of #Fabulous that I thought it would be. #bearfashion #StyledbyJames @southmoonunderphilly @southmoonunder A photo posted by James R. Sanders (@jamesrsanders) on'