A woman being served with arrest warrants was shot and killed Monday after Baltimore County police said she pointed a gun at officers and threatened to kill them. Police say 23-year-old Korryn Gaines died during an hours-long standoff with officers. A 5-year-old boy was also shot and taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He is expected to survive.

Authorities have not said whether officers or Gaines shot the boy. According to Gaines’ uncle, the boy is her son.

In a press conference detailing the shooting, the police chief says officers were there to serve arrest warrants that morning. Gaines was wanted for failure to appear relating to charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and several traffic violations from March of this year. After officers repeatedly knocked on the door, identifying themselves the chief says they could hear voices inside. An officer received a key from the landlord and upon opening the door, the officer saw Gaines sitting on the floor, pointing a shotgun at him. The chief said the boy was also in Gaines’ arms. Later in the afternoon, Gaines pointed the weapon at them saying she would “kill them” if they did not leave.

Baltimore police fired one round, she fired several rounds, when officers fired again, she was hit and killed, according to the chief.

Police were also there to serve a man at the same Randallstown apartment. Authorities say a man ran from the apartment with a 1-year-old boy and was arrested.

“My niece is a good person; I never knew her to be a rowdy person,” Gaines’ uncle, Jerome Barnett told The Baltimore Sun.

The department recently purchased body cameras, but authorities have not said whether officers in the shooting were equipped with them. Per department regulations, the officers involved were placed on administrative leave and their names will be released 48 hours after the shooting.

The department released more details on the shooting in a press conference.

Never miss a headline. Sign up for Blavity’s daily newsletter.