I couldn’t believe it. My very first broadcast and people showed up for me. I was on cloud 9.What do I talk about next week? was all I could focus on from that moment on. Approximately four months later, I celebrated. It’s super important to celebrate your small victories (no matter how small they might be). They serve as opportunities to acknowledge that you've accomplished your short-term goals.
Here are 3 tips on why you should celebrate your small wins
1. Build your self-esteemCelebrating small victories promotes self-confidence and reminds us there truly is nothing in the world we absolutely cannot do once we make a decision to be consistent and go for it!
2. Self-motivateThe ability to cross a small victory off your list motivates you to keep pushing forward and working toward the next action item on your to-do list.
3. It’s your turnYou’ve put the work in, the time, the sweat, the dedication, and now you deserve to celebrate your achievements.
Here are examples of small wins worth celebrating:
- The completion of a goal or challenge
- Starting a new chapter in your life (starting a business, career change, new baby, new apartment, etc.)
- Meeting fitness goals
- Standing up for yourself
- Saying “Yes!” to a new opportunities
- Having an extra zero in your bank account (this one's my favorite)