Starter pack for a sexy, single night
November 14, 2015 at 7:00 am
All my single ladies: Put ya hands up!
Your early-to-mid-twenties can prove to be a period of growing up and finding yourself in numerous ways. This period is pretty daunting for all the single ladies who are slowly but surely cultivating a stronger sense of sex appeal. It might sound silly, but receiving a “hey, you look gorgeous today,” makes you twist those hips with a little more intent, right? But what if those compliments and random praises are few and far between? Personally, it has taken me awhile to be comfortable in my own skin without yearning for a stranger or significant other to offer ego-boasting validation.
So, after about one year of being a single lady, I started dedicating time to me and my sexy: no social media, no happy hours, no television — just me. Mi days (as I liked to call them) consist of normal self-care events like well-cooked meals, manicured nails, deep-conditioned hair, and a good night’s rest. And then I started to get a little more creative, in hopes of boosting my own ego. This taught me that sexy isn’t necessarily monolithic. Sexy starts with doing the things that make you feel good.
So here’s the starter pack for a sexy and single night!
- Bubble Baths. I’m talking hot steamy water, candles lit and aromatic bubbles. Some essential oils, such as tea tree oil, lavender or vanilla, are sure to soothe you and enhance your experience.
- Alcohol. This needs little explanation. Explore different beverages such as red wines, whiskey, rum. Look up different drink recipes get creative. This is the best way to acquire a more diverse palate. I love a simple old-fashioned with a tinge of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Tree Hut Organic Shea Body Butter. Y’all this is like you’re rubbing velvet on your skin. More importantly, it makes me feel as though I’m a runway bombshell while walking through my house.
- Try wearing some lingerie! It doesn’t have to be the impossible boob-caging corset with infinite straps (clearly, I’m still working my way towards Beyoncé’s “Partition” level of sexy), but something comfortable and silky that effortlessly flows on your body.
- This might just be a me thing, but red lipstick makes me feel like a boss. When I’m alone, something about that lipstick stain on my wine glass makes me feel über sexy.
- Watch a movie with one good sex scene in it. This is a great way to delve into your intimacy and discover what makes you tick. There’s no judgement and no consideration for your non-existent partner. This is about you and what turns you on!
- Satin sheets. The best part is, you don’t necessarily need someone there with you to enjoy them. Need I say more?
Finding and/or upgrading your sexy doesn’t have to and shouldn’t be based on how others perceive you. YOUR sexy is about YOU and all of the things that make you feel good. The more you explore yourself, the more you harness a personal confidence that can’t be replicated. And there’s nothing more attractive than confidence.