Tory Lanez Allegedly Told Megan Thee Stallion 'Dance B***h' Before Firing
A representative for Lanez denied the latest accusation.
September 27, 2020 at 2:31 pm
“When she gets out of the car and says, ‘I’m just going to walk home,’ he pulls out a gun and says, ‘Dance, b***h,’ and he starts shooting her,” the source told Complex.
According to Complex, the source also said Lanez offered hush money to Megan and her friend, Kelsey Nicole, hoping to cover up the shooting.
“As she’s going into surgery, this maniac is texting her,” the source said. “He’s basically trying to say he’ll pay. Her friend is [also] getting calls to receive money. He was trying to keep her quiet.”
A representative for Lanez denied the latest accusations against the artist.
“Completely false, fabricated and insane. [Lanez] categorically denies these accusations,” the rep told Page Six.
Lanez sought to profit off of the incident with the Friday release of his album, Daystar. According to Billboard, the Canadian artist denied the shooting in his latest project.
"Gotta see a couple questions: how the f**k you get shot in your foot, don't hit no bones or tendons?" Lanez rapped. "Megan people tryna frame me for a shootin' … Knowin' I ain't do it but I'm comin' at my truest."
The source, speaking to Complex, said they were speaking out because the rapper's project could have people doubting Megan's account of the incident.
“This is not okay and it’s not funny and it’s not something that we can just normalize,” the source said.
As Blavity previously reported, the incident took place after Lanez, Megan and Nicole left a pool party at Kylie Jenner’s Hollywood Hills home. Following an argument in the car, the 28-year-old rapper allegedly fired at Megan and Nicole as they were exiting the vehicle, striking Megan twice in her feet.
Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, reportedly sent a text to Megan shortly after the July shooting, saying he was drunk on the night of the confrontation.
"I was just too drunk," the rapper allegedly said in the text message, but he didn't mention anything about alleged shooting.
"I know u prolly never gone talk to me again, but I genuinely want u to know I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart," he added in the text obtained by TMZ. "S**t should have never happened and I can't change what did. I just feel horrible."
In an Instagram Live video last month, Megan said Lanez was the person who shot her.
"You shot me and you got your publicist and your people going to these blogs lying," the 25-year-old artist said. "Stop lying. Why lie? I don’t understand.”
The "WAP" artist said she was walking away from the argument when the shooting happened.
"I get out the car. I'm done arguing," she said in the Instagram video. "I don't wanna argue no more. I get out. I'm walking away. This n***a from out the back seat of the car starts shooting me. You shot me."
Some critics questioned why Megan didn't provide details to police immediately.
"You think I’m bout to tell the police that we, n***as, us Black people, got a gun in the car?" the "Savage" rapper said in response. "It's a f**king helicopter over us and some more s**t. Why the f**k would I tell the laws somebody got a gun in this car and this n***a shot me? So I can get shot?"
Lanez was arrested on suspicion of possession of a concealed weapon, but he was released the same day.