What you need:
- 1 cup chopped leftover Christmas ham
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 black beans, cooked and drained
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp jalapeno pepper
- a dash of cumin, black pepper and chili powder
- Tortilla wraps
What to do
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of the cheese and tortilla in the bowl, season well. Photo: A.V. Perkins
- In a skillet "quick fry" your filling until the brown sugar begins to slowly caramelize.
- Assemble your quesadilla (Tortilla, cheese, filling, cheese, tortilla) magic!