Sunday night, I knew what was up.watching MTV's Video Music Awards stood a chance. She did not come to play, and our baby hair was hers for the taking.
The night was really Beyonce Video Music Awards, part II following her MTV 2014 takeover.Photo: MTV Here are 13 times Queen Bey plucked at our scalps Sunday night.
1. Bey and Blue Ivy's grand entrance on the white carpet.
👑👑👑👑 pic.twitter.com/vMCdvKg5vt — BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) August 28, 2016
2. Her subtle reminder that "sometimes sh*t goes down when there's a billion dollars on the elevator."
3. Before the night was over, she sent Twitter into a frenzy.
4. When she brought along "hot sauce" and smashed a camera.
GIF of the night goes to Beyonce #VMAs pic.twitter.com/dQHlXZFOMr — Mashable GIF (@mashablegif) August 29, 2016
5. No caption needed.
When you're the actual 🔥 emoji #VMAs https://t.co/s2wueCg2lS — Vine (@vine) August 29, 2016
6. Her greeting four of the Final Five.Photo: MTV
7. This image from the finale of her performance.Photo: VH1
8. When she sent Chance the Rapper into pre-cardiac arrest.
"THIS IS MY LIFE, N****!" - Chance explaining to us what it's like for Beyoncé to know you pic.twitter.com/D3o0VDiWuj— J. Sanchez (@imJSanch) August 29, 2016
9. Booty werk.
#VMAs: Beyonce Performs "Hold Up" https://t.co/P3hkhhoKsk pic.twitter.com/Jk7RVDdqpL — Hollywood Reporter (@THR) August 29, 2016
10. Surpassing Madonna's record with most VMAs.Photo: MTV
11. Her Lemonade squad.
BEYONCÉ pic.twitter.com/BakaNmWdl9— MTV News (@MTVNews) August 28, 2016
12. Her continued support of black lives.
(ICYMI) Beyonce paying tribute to the victims of Police brutality during her performance at this years #VMAs pic.twitter.com/7HQhfKCfSi — Beyoncé Australia (@BeyonceAUS) August 29, 2016
13. And, bringing along Mothers of the Movement every step of the way.
14. When she dedicated her "Video of the Year" award to New Orleans.
#VMAs: Beyonce wins for Video of the Year and dedicates her win to the people of New Orleans https://t.co/IxfTK1DM5J pic.twitter.com/lJS473BVfv — Pret-a-Reporter (@pretareporter) August 29, 2016