- You’re beautiful. You’re smart. You’re loved.
- You can be anything you want to be. Not even the sky is your limit.
- Always try new things, this is how you will learn what your talents are.
- If you don’t see anyone who looks like you doing something you want to do, don’t be afraid to be the first one to give it a try!
- Your natural hair defies gravity — you’re magical.
- Because your hair defies gravity people will want to touch it. And you’re allowed to say no if it’s uncomfortable for you.
- Your melanin-filled skin is perfect.
- Being “too black,” or “not being black enough” aren't real things. All shades of black are beautiful.
- Your history didn’t start with slavery. You have a rich history and descend from the continent in which human life began.
- Sometimes you will be the only black girl in the room, but that doesn’t make you an outcast. It makes you unique!
- Don’t be afraid to tell your story and your truth.
- The only body part you need to use to get ahead in life is your brain.
- There will be times in your life when you will be met with disappointment. Hold your head up, even in your toughest moments. This builds character.
- You are not responsible for any mistakes your parents might have made. Do not carry that burden with you for life.
- There’s no such thing as “bad” hair. There’s no such thing as “bad” hair. There’s no such thing as “bad” hair. There’s no such thing as “bad” hair. And anyone who tells you differently is lying.
- You are responsible for your own happiness. Not your mother's or anyone else's.
- 'No' is a powerful word. Don't be afraid to use it.
- Books are your best friend — and the best way to get educated outside of the classroom.
- Enjoy your childhood. These are the years when you can truly be a #carefreeblackgirl.
*The cover image in this piece was found on Tumblr, but was originally taken by Creative Soul Photography based out of Atlanta. Creative Soul Photography is run by couple Reg and Kahran
, a couple that specializes in children's and lifestyle photography
Share this with A #carefreeblackgirl On Facebook BELOW