Update (Sept. 24, 2021): The woman who accused Nicki Minaj's husband, Kenneth Petty, of raping her back in 1994, said she's been receiving death threats since recounting the incident on The Real. 

Jennifer Hough's attorney, Tyrone Blackburn, said his client has received messages from people wishing death on her and targeting her with inflammatory remarks, TMZ reports.

Blackburn shared that someone even shared Hough's personal contact information. While it's unsure who sent the threatening messages and leaked her information, Hough's attorney said the response from Minaj's fans is frightening. 

Despite the backlash Hough has received since speaking out on The Real, Blackburn said her story has inspired other women to share their experiences and extend their support.  

Petty's ex-girlfriend, Noelle Dobie, extended her support for Hough after her appearance on The Real, Hot 97 reports. Dobie took to social media and said she salutes "anyone that can talk about such a traumatizing situation, it's not easy."

"Whether it happened 20 years ago or yesterday!! Especially if the bad guy is still trying to bother the victim,” she continued. 

Hough said she hopes by going on the daytime talk show that she sets an example for her children to know "they have a voice and they should use it and don't ever let anybody try to silence them," Teen Vogue reports.

“You should be able to speak up and not have people intimidate you,” Hough said.

Original (Sept. 23, 2021): After filing a lawsuit against Nicki Minaj and her husband Kenneth Petty last month, Jennifer Hough sat down for an interview on a Wednesday episode of The Real where she recounted the rape. 

Hough said she first interacted with Petty on Sept. 16, 1994, on a Friday morning.

"I was on my way to school, high school. I seen him at a bus stop and I didn't think anything of it other than there goes Kenny across the street," she said. "He asked me where I was going and I said I was going to school. I asked him where he was going. He said he was going to school, too."

Petty allegedly grabbed the high school student and took her to a house nearby. 

"He pushes me up the steps. Now I'm crying because now I'm inside," Hough said, adding that she was pleading with him to tell her what he wants. "He pushed me down on the bed. We wrestled for my clothes because all I could do was hold my pants as tight as I can."

Fighting through tears during Wednesday's interview, Hough said she wishes that she would have put up a stronger fight.

"I just held on to my pants and he held my arms down and I squeezed the sides of my stomach so hard," she said.

The two allegedly continued to wrestle until the young woman felt too tired.

"After he got off the top of me, he stood in the mirror and he beat his chest," she said. "And he said 'I'm the man. I'm the man.'"

Hough said she tried to swing a big plastic bottle at him, causing him to duck and fall. She said she then tried to run as fast as she can.

After arriving at school, the young woman said she reported Petty to police and watched them bring him out in handcuffs.

"Then they took me to the hospital," she said. 

Hough entered the limelight when Minaj's relationship with Petty became public. 

Hough said she spoke with Minaj directly in March 2020 when the singer called her, offering to fly her out to California.

"She said that she got word that I was willing to help them out in this situation," Hough said. "I didn't understand what she was referring to."

According to The Cut, the lawsuit states that Minaj wanted Hough to come to California and “help out” by signing an agreement to take back the allegations. 

"I turned it down and I told her woman to woman, this really happened," Hough said on Wednesday. "I haven't spoken to her since."

Revealing more details about her lawsuit, Hough said the couple sent people to "negotiate numbers as far as money is concerned with family members." 

The complaint also includes allegations of threats.

"Then the threats that I received because I kept saying no to every offer," the plaintiff said. "The last incident was when one of their associates put $20,000 on my lap and I still kept saying 'no.' The last message that I received was that I should have taken the money because they're gonna use that money to put on my head."