A man who was participating in a drinking competition in South Africa has died after drinking an entire bottle of Jagermeister in under two minutes. According to Meaww, police in Limpopo province in South Africa said the contest required participants to drink a bottle of Jagermeister as fast as possible for a cash prize.

“One of them immediately collapsed thereafter and was taken to the local clinic, where he was certified dead,” Limpopo Police spokesperson Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo said, according to Meaww.

The unidentified man is believed to be in his 20s.

The tragic incident happened at a liquor outlet in Mashamba village, Sowetan Live reports. 

“People need to remember that alcohol is a toxin and can have life-threatening and immediate effects if consumed in a large amount at once. These challenges and fads show just how hard we have to work to warn people of the dangers of binge drinking,” Jackie Ballard, chief executive of Alcohol Concern, told HuffPost.