A disgruntled man who shot and killed a St. Louis elementary school principal and her boyfriend has been sentenced to life in prison after accepting a plea deal on Monday.

STL Today reports the trial of Maurice D. Hoskins was slated to begin jury selection on Monday until he pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder, five counts of armed criminal action, two counts of assaulting a law enforcement officer and one count of first-degree assault. 

Judge James Sullivan sentenced Hoskins to an estimated 50 years, with 30 years in concurrent life terms and an additional 20 years, per the deal. As part of the agreement, KSDK reports Hoskins admitted to murdering victims Jacara Sproaps, 38, and her boyfriend, Maurice Partlow, 40.

The murders occurred in 2016 when Sullivan first harassed, stalked, then killed the victims due to jealousy. Sproaps' 18-year-old son was also injured in the chaos.

Sproaps, who had been principal of Dunbar Elementary School since 2013, was reportedly in a relationship with Hoskins before she decided to end it.

Blavitize your inbox! Join our daily newsletter for fresh stories and breaking news.

Sproaps and Partlow were outside of her home when Hoskins showed up uninvited. Hoskins then pulled out a gun and began yelling and cursing at the couple.

The three were reportedly fighting for control of the gun when Hoskins shot and killed Partlow with two shots to the head. Sproaps' son, who was nearby, heard the shots. He ran up to the scene of the crime, grabbed his mother and tried to get her to safety by fleeing the neighborhood.

Hoskins followed the mother and son, firing his gun at them as they ran away. Sproaps was shot in the back of the head and collapsed in an alleyway near the home. 

Sproaps' son picked up his mother's body, hoping to carry her to cover, but was shot in the back. He made it back to his mother's home without sustaining any additional injuries.

Hoskins continued shooting as police arrived, and he grazed an officer.

Sproaps and Partlow were pronounced dead on the scene. Sproaps' son was transported to the hospital and survived his wound.

Now, check these out:

Mother And Daughter Charged With Killing Five Family Members

Mystery Man Spends Hundreds Of Dollars On Cookies So Girl Scouts Could Get Out Of The Cold

A Mother Is 'Livid' After Her Son Was Made To Sing And Pick Cotton On A Field Trip