27 White people invited to the cookout
To celebrate the last day of black history month on Monday, Twitter started the hashtag #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout, which highlighted our fictional and factual white allies
I love the hashtag #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout bc it proves u can invite NPOC into our culture without deeming them "black" all the time— Zulu Love Jones (@ciarabaker_) February 29, 2016'
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
Here are 27 people to add to the guest list:
1. Because she’s been holding us down since her first brown eyes/ blue eyes experiment.
Jane Elliot. Been telling white people they're racist and privileged for decades. #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout pic.twitter.com/NQlMhpaRRJ — Coretta (@NappyMetanoia) February 29, 2016 '
2. Because he’s an OG of “blue-eyed soul"
3. Because of that perfectly rapped Nicki verse.
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout when I saw Adele do her hand like this, I knew I could fix her a plate pic.twitter.com/V1YrK1mg5V — Gina Waters (@MartelMinaj2011) February 29, 2016 '
4. Because of all the Missy videos! Pass her the sweet potatoes.
5. Because he’s the one tweeting out the cookout address
My man Bernie earned his seat in the 60's.. He been at the cookout #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout pic.twitter.com/NtoYzPZXJx — BreezyDoe (@Fatsmcgee_) February 29, 2016 '
6. Because she’s perfected the black girl side eye
7. Because he’s a Kanye fan, clearly
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout Bob Saget pic.twitter.com/VOBeqvwXAc — . (@sameolshhh) February 29, 2016 '
8. Because some people still put him in their top 5
9. Because he can turn up like the young folk
He’s my favorite person of all time. RT @allADUiswin: #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout the man who paved the way https://t.co/hwvzSDpuuG — Dani (@dhowE_) February 29, 2016 '
10. Because Tom Brady (kinda) has rhythm, and he’s handsome and wealthy
Self Explanatory.#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookouthttps://t.co/v3rYZiCHDZ — E. (@LowProCessna) February 29, 2016'
11. Because he’s the first one up when the beat drops.
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout Know he's getting a plate. First one down the soul train line https://t.co/WGI4qKE5LT — MTM (@0uttie5000) February 29, 2016 '
12. Because she’s the designated driver
13. Because he’s bringing the Henny
14. Because you need a ride or die...
15. And a partner in crime
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout Tommy pic.twitter.com/FK4Y2X0ImD — EdenLKTheGarden (@EedsisLame) February 29, 2016 '
16. Because his wife packed him a to-go plate before the game
17. Because who knew Zoey could get down like that?
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout bc after this iconic scene, Zoey twerked herself a to-go plate🍽 pic.twitter.com/AduGqZiBgH — Indy Sanders (@indysanders) March 1, 2016 '
18. Because who doesn’t love uncle Joe?
19. Because she can shake it like a salt shaker
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout she came for the Monkey bread #eek pic.twitter.com/SofmY23MQN — LonDarius Thomas (@NuYearsEve) February 29, 2016 '
20. Because we know he’ll have our backs if something pops off
23. Because he’s the one on the “grill"
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout S/o Paul Wall. Been Honorary black since the early 2000s pic.twitter.com/Qufhj7nbtm — Charles Chew (@ChewSoCOOL) February 29, 2016 '
24. Self- explanatory
25. Because he’s Bill Nye and that’s enough.
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout y'all already know we gotta let the homie, Bill, slide through one time 😎 pic.twitter.com/lifrT7kMB5 — [PimpNamedSlickback] (@JeezyEze) February 29, 2016 '
26. Because you can’t be sitting on the side when we start dancing
27. Well, only one person in this picture is invited...
#WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout Derek from Cheetah girls can come. Raven gotta stay home tho pic.twitter.com/LKuVRYrs5Q — Alyssa Sibley (@alyssa_sibleyy) February 29, 2016 '