Often referred by many as the “City of Light” or the “City of Love” and home to some of the most famous paintings and monuments ever to exist, Paris is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the entire world and is visited by millions of people every year. When most people visit the French capital, they stick to the typical tourist destinations such as the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower. Below are 10 things you should do during your next visit to Paris that will switch up the routine.
1. Grab a bottle of wine and head to Pont Neuf.
2. Have a picnic at Parc des Buttes-Chaumont.
3. Explore the “Heart of Africa” in the neighborhoods of Château d’Eau and Château Rouge.
4. Ride the subway over to Château de Vincennes.
5. Visit the musée du quai Branly, which hosts the indigenous art of Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas.
6. Take a stroll through Promenade Plantée.
7. Look around the business district of La Défense.
8. Go thrift shopping in Le Marais.
9. Buy food from one of the many fresh markets.
10. Gaze at the beautiful flowers in Parc Floral.
Want more travel-related content like this? Sign up for our weekly newsletter below.