15 black winemakers you need to know
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
2. Brown EstateFounded in 1980 by a husband and wife team, Brown Estate is now run by their children, Deneen, David and Coral. 2015 marked 35 years in the Napa Valley, and in fall 2016 they'll produce their 20th vintage of Brown Estate Zinfandel
specializes in rare wines and also hosts events in Napa Valley. Founded by neurosurgeon Dr. Ernest Bates and three additional partners, the winery is considered a premier winery in the region
founded Theopolis Vineyards in 2003 and is known as "Theo-patra, Queen of the Vineyards." featured in Wine Enthusiast Magazine for its memorable wine and the combination of wine and Creole food
8. Marke WinesMarke was born in Sierra Leone and is a graduate of the Department of Viticulture and Enology at the University of California-Davis. He also has an MBA from Sonoma State University
11. Flo BrandsNamed to USA Today's list of 10 Best Celebrity Wines, FLO Brands is a lifestyle company created by Marcus Johnson, an "internationally renowned, Billboard Top 10, NAACP Image Award-nominated jazz musician and entrepreneur from Washington, D.C." state's first Black winemaker and will be featured in an upcoming documentary, Red, White & Black about minority winemakers in Oregon
14. M'HudiM'Hudi is the first black-owned wine estate in South Africa. The name (pronounced 'moody') is derived from the Setswana word 'mohudi,' meaning 'harvester.'
15. Myx FusionMyx Fusions offers both Moscato and Sangria wines in various flavors infused with fruit juices. Myx is owned by Nicki Minaj and entertainment business woman Mona Scott-Young
Share this post on Facebook below!