19 Reasons Tracee Ellis Ross is a bawse of #BlackGirlMagic
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
Tracee Ellis Ross Has Never Been The Same Once She Read This
This inspirational idea changed the life of black-ish star Tracee Ellis Ross.Posted by HuffPost Entertainment on Thursday, March 10, 2016
2. She embraces her curves.
3. She’s proud of her blackness.
4. Her attempts to understand rap lyrics are hilarious.
5. She’s beautiful and can throw some shade.
6. She uses her role to relate to other women.
I'm not a parent myself, but I can relate as a Black woman. #blackish https://t.co/4ROTCDu09n — Tracee Ellis Ross (@TraceeEllisRoss) February 25, 2016
7. She gets Kanye shoutouts in songs (and is featured in his videos).
8. We all need 'Girlfriends' like her to give us a reality check.
9. And we all know a ‘Bow.
#Bow not Tracee!!! I know Bow's too 😳 https://t.co/dwAI9iMHYG — Tracee Ellis Ross (@TraceeEllisRoss) February 25, 2016
10. She’s a proud daughter...
"Born Tracee Joy Silberstein, Ross chose to honor both her parents when she became a member of the Screen Actors Guild. “I wanted everyone to not just know I was Diana Ross’ daughter, but that I was Bob Ellis’ daughter,” she says." “I’m so much like my dad,” Ross says, adding that her screwball personality and comedy instincts came from her father. “It just was really important to me that he have as much claim to me as my mom had.” My father's name is Robert Ellis Silberstein but he goes by Bob Ellis! #blackish #backstage #TBT A photo posted by Tracee Ellis Ross (@traceeellisross) on
11. Even if her mom embarrasses her in public.
12. She supports Black Lives Matter.
Part 2: Discussing #BlackLivesMatter with @LarryKingNow on @OraTV. See the rest of my interview at TraceeEllisRoss.com #blackish #LarryKingNow A video posted by Tracee Ellis Ross (@traceeellisross) on
13. She knows Black Girls Rock (and will be hosting again this year).
14. She’s a Rihanna fan.
15. She’s a lip-sync maestro.
16. She is fitness inspiration.
Weight training with @msjeanettejenkins today! I change up my workout to exercise different muscle groups 💪🏾 A video posted by Tracee Ellis Ross (@traceeellisross) on