Authorities in Dallas have arrested a man suspected of killing a trans woman discovered floating in White Rock Lake. 

Chynal Lindsey was found in the popular boating spot on June 1. According to NBC 5, Ruben Alvarado was arrested June 20 and charged with first-degree murder. The 22-year-old man reportedly refused to work with detectives. Police reports state he isn't speaking with them or freely answering questions regarding Lindsey.

Around 5:45 p.m. on June 1, a passerby saw the 26-year-old woman's remains in the lake. Her death marked the fourth death of a trans woman in Dallas since October of last year. 

The Dallas Morning News suggests Alvarado and Lindsey may have had an intimate relationship. At this time in the investigation, police haven't released a motive for the killing.

On May 31, Lindsey texted the suspected murderer, according to the police records. Phone records show the two spoke for less than a minute on June 1. He was her last call on the day of the murder. 

A key piece of evidence in the case is the GPS data from both of their phones. She traveled to an apartment in Mesquite and then sometime after midnight, the GPS location showed White Rock Lake.  

The affidavit also shows the phone records indicated the two were in the same location on June 1. Alvarado's phone records showed he had several GPS readings at the location where the woman's body was found.

Lindsey's cousin, Tamaya Lindsey, told NBC 5 she wants to see justice done. She cannot understand why someone would take her loved one away. 

"I just want to know, 'How did you feel about after you realized that you took another human beings life?' Or, 'Do you just feel bad now because you're caught and you're trying to figure out how to get out of it?' Which you're not," she said. "And I just want you to know I'll be at every court appearance, even if it's just me."

Alvarado was arrested for a misdemeanor warrant out of Mesquite. When police went to his residence, they also learned his phone GPS records matched Lindsey's. The suspect is still behind bars in a Dallas County Jail. His bail was set at $500,000 on June 21.