- advertisement -
Posted under: Culture News

'Extra' Suspends A.J. Calloway Amid Mounting Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct

Although cleared of previous allegations, there are more on the way, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Longtime TV personality A.J. Calloway has been suspended by Extra while an investigation into his sexual misconduct allegations is completed.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Extra host was previously suspended months after author and domestic-violence activist Sil Lai Abrams came forward last June accusing him of sexual assault in 2006. He reportedly pulled out his anatomy while driving Abrams home, groped her chest and forced her to touch him.

Calloway was accused of similar behavior by two more women in a January 4 article from The Daily Beast. On February 9, Warner Bros. broke the news.

Warners Bros. Television's statement to the press claimed the media company found no evidence suggesting the 44-year-old committed misconduct of any kind. 

"Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against AJ Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on Extra and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct," a statement to THR said. "To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct."

But the latest allegations have piqued the company's intrigue and prompted a new investigation. 

"In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review," the statement continued. "We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees."

However, USA Today reports the suspension came after Warner Bros. Television learned more allegations would be published in a future article from THR.

The former 106 & Park host denied all wrongdoing despite the mounting accusations. He has worked for Extra since 2005 and maintained a solid relationship with the entertainment show, interviewing Hollywood's A-list in that nearly 15-year time span.  

Calloway's attorney, Lisa E. Davis, told The Associated Press her client did nothing wrong and the allegations against him are false. 

"They were false when they were first made and are false now," the statement read. "Mr. Calloway fully cooperated with law enforcement from the beginning, denied the allegations, and the case was completely dismissed in November 2007. After [Abrams']case was dismissed, the court records were sealed as a matter of law and are no longer available."

Blavitize your inbox! Join our daily newsletter for fresh stories and breaking news.

Like this content? Check these out:

Chicago Public School Teacher Accused Of Bringing In Her Friend To School To Whip 9-Year-Old Student

A Third Virginia Lawmaker Has Been Called Out For Blackface In College Yearbook

Democratic Lawmakers Introduce Three New Bills In The House As A Rebuke To Trump's Immigration Policy

- advertisement -
Atlanta-based creative, dope photographer, journalist and lover of the wing ding.