New details continue to unfold around the killing of 21-year-old Shawtyeria Waites, who was reported missing after last being seen in the southwest area of Houston in July, according to KHOU. 

Waites was last seen in a pink dress, pink sandals and a long black curly wig. She was with her friends until around 10 p.m. on July 27, when they dropped her off at the Villages of Meyerland apartments. She is described as 5'9" and 130 pounds.

Houston police reported Jordan Potts was arrested on Sept. 1 and charged for murder in Waites' death. 

On Aug. 13, witness statements and additional evidence confirmed Waites was dropped off at the Chimney Rock Road location to meet a male, identified as Potts, according to the city of Houston.

Police said further investigation revealed she was killed in Potts' apartment and moved to the trunk of his vehicle.

On Aug. 19, investigators received a search warrant and found a shovel, gas can and blood in the trunk of his car, along with evidence of a body being placed in the trunk. 

FBI agents added that Potts' phone traveled west on the Katy Freeway from 3:09 a.m. to 3:38 a.m. on July 26, stopping in the 38400 block of the Katy Freeway in Brookshire. 

When investigators arrived on the scene, human remains were found along the westbound service road with evidence matching Waites' description. The pink dress was recovered as well. An autopsy was performed, confirming the remains were of Waites. 

Detectives spoke to a man who heard the screams of a woman, and later told investigators he knocked on Potts' door after hearing screams, with no one answering the door.

After calling 911, the witness recounted Potts backing his car out into his assigned parking spot with the trunk open. He shared that Potts returned to the complex after disappearing for a few minutes before police arrived. 

A friend of Waites drove her to Potts' apartment complex, and recalled waiting for her in the car after Waites told her she would return shortly. When police arrived at the scene, Waites' friend told officers she couldn't find Waites and her phone continued to go to voicemail.

A flyer circulated about Waites' disappearance, with her photo and description in the neighborhood she was last seen in. 

Potts remains in jail on a $1 million bond.