Terry Crews Files Police Report, Plans To File Lawsuit After Sexual Assault Claim
The actor said, "People need to be held accountable."
After revealing in a series of tweets a few weeks ago that he was a victim of sexual assault, actor Terry Crews has reportedly filed a police report against a Hollywood executive. Citing law enforcement sources, NBC News reports that Crews filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department on Wednesday.
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
This whole thing with Harvey Weinstein is giving me PTSD. Why? Because this kind of thing happened to ME. (1/Cont.)— terrycrews (@terrycrews) October 10, 2017
Per the HuffPost, a police spokesman confirmed on Thursday that Crews filed a report listing himself as the victim, and LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Division will be handling the investigation.
“People need to be held accountable,” Crews told TMZ outside of a Hollywood police station, adding that he also plans to file a lawsuit. “We’re going to go all the way.”
In his tweets, Crews wrote that the man – who he only identified as a "high-level Hollywood executive" – groped "his privates" in front of his wife and then "grinned like a jerk."
While Crews never named the Hollywood executive, several reports last week named Adam Venit, a talent agent with Williams Morris Endeavor (WME), as the alleged groper. Crews was a client of WME but has since fired the agency since news of the alleged sexual assault in 2016.
Crews, who stars in FOX's "Brooklyn-Nine-Nine," explained in his tweets in October that he felt compelled to share his story publicly after a number of women came forward accusing Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault and rape. The trending topic #MeToo took over social media, and Crews became one of many victims speaking out and standing up against harassment and rape.