The youngest known victim in the Christchurch, New Zealand, mosques shootings was a 3-year-old member of the nation's Somalian community. 

Mucaad Ibrahim was one of the 50 victims slain in the Noor and Linwood mosques terror attack last Friday. According to The Associated Press, the young boy, who loved soccer and his iPad, attended the Noor mosque with his brother, Abdi Ibrahim, and father, Adan Ibrahim, on March 15.

They arrived at the mosque for Friday prayers, and Mucaad's father planned to take him to a local park across the street to play soccer. 

The child's life was taken when 28-year-old suspected gunman Brenton Tarrant entered and fired upon parishioners. His attack, as reported by The New Zealand Herald, was inspired by white supremacist ideology and anti-Muslim vitriol. Mucaad was sitting in front of his brother when gunshots rung out. Worshippers quickly ran for cover and safety.

In the mad dash to get away from the gunman, Abdi thought his little brother was safe with his father, but neither had the child with them. 

Mucaad was lost among the running crowd, The Washington Post reports. Some reports state the boy ran in the shooter's direction. 

Police confirmed on March 17 that the small child was dead. As dictated by Islamic religious tradition, the body of a deceased person should be cleaned and wrapped in cloth within 24 hours of a person's passing. However, the two-day search for Mucaad's body impeded that process. 

Blavitize your inbox! Join our daily newsletter for fresh stories and breaking news.

Abdi and Adan shared the heartbreaking news to the family. The unfortunate death of Mucaad especially weighed heavily on their mother. 

“My mum, she’s been struggling,” Abdi told the AP. “Every time she sees other people crying, emotional, she just collapses.” 

Another brother, Abdifatah Ibrahim, who ventured back to New Zealand following the terror attack, could not believe his baby brother was gone. 

Close family, friends and other members of the community have rallied around the family during this trying time. 

“He’s been loved by the community here,” Ahmed Osman, a close family friend, told the AP. “It’s been tough days. It’s been really tough days.”

Now, check these out:

This Majority-Black Community In Pittsburgh Fears New Gun Laws Will Further Militarize Their Neighborhoods

Comedian Jess Hilarious Accused Of Getting Four Sikh Men On Her Flight Removed Because She Felt 'Threatened'

Court Rules It's Fully Legal To Tell A Cop To F**k Off