OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network finishes out the second quarter of 2016 with year-over-year growth in prime, up +11% in W25-54 and up +6% in total viewers (464,000) vs. the second quarter of 2015.
Additionally, OWN recorded its most-watched week in network history (6/20/16 to 6/26/16) with an average of 799,000 total viewers in prime, bolstered by the two-night premiere of new original drama series “Greenleaf” and the season premiere of popular Tyler Perry drama “The Haves and the Have Nots;” both shows were the week’s top two scripted telecasts on ad-supported cable among W25-54.
“Greenleaf” debuted to record ratings on 6/21/16 with over 3 million viewers, becoming the #1 series debut in OWN history. In L+3, “Greenleaf” reached over 5.5 million unique viewers over its two-night premiere (6/21/16 and 6/22/16).
Additional second quarter 2016 Stats:
· OWN was Tuesday night’s #1 network on all of TV among African-American women and total viewers.
· Popular drama series “If Loving You is Wrong” from Tyler Perry ranked as Tuesday night’s #1 original cable series among women and Tuesday night’s #1 original series on all of TV among African-American women and total viewers.
· OWN was Friday night’s #1 cable network among African-American women.
· Comedy series “For Better or Worse” from Tyler Perry ranked as Friday night’s #1 original cable series among African-American women.
· OWN was Saturday night’s #3 cable network among African-American women.
· “For Peete’s Sake” and “Livin’ Lozada” were Saturday night’s top two original cable series among African-American women.
With Ava DuVernay’s “Queen Sugar” coming this fall, OWN should remain firmly in favor among African-American women.
Source: The Nielsen Company