The principal cast for Jordan Peele’s upcoming Amazon series, The Hunt, has been set.
An official description of the series reads: The Hunt follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters living in 1977 New York City. The Hunters, as they’re known, have discovered that hundreds of high-ranking Nazi officials are living among us and conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the US. The eclectic team of Hunters will set out on a bloody quest to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their new genocidal plans.”
Former Grey’s Anatomy star Jerrika Hinton and The Chi star Tiffany Boone have been tapped as a part of the cast.
Al Pacino, Logan Lerman and Hinton will lead the series. Saul Rubinek, Boone, Louis Ozawa Changchien, Lena Olin, Greg Austin and Dylan Baker co-star.
You can check out their character descriptions below, as well:
- Al Pacino as Meyer Offerman, “a powerful and mysterious man who is the leader of a vigilante group known as The Hunters. He befriends Jonah after his grandmother’s murder and becomes his guide through the world of The Hunt.”
- Logan Lerman as Jonah Heidelbaum, “a young man trying to find his place in the world when his Grandmother is brutally murdered in front of him. His desire for revenge leads him to join The Hunt.”
- Jerrika Hinton as Millie Malone, “a brilliant FBI agent (who also happens to be one of the first black, female agents in the bureau). As she investigates a series of suspicious murders, she is drawn closer to the truth about The Hunters.”
- Saul Rubinek as Murray Markowitz and Carol Kane as Mindy Markowitz, “doting grandparents who are members of The Hunt…and weapons experts.”
- Tiffany Boone as Roxy Jones, “a beautiful, street smart member of The Hunters.”
- Louis Ozawa Changchien as Joe Torrance, “a Vietnam Vet who was raised in an internment camp and is now a member of The Hunters.”
- Lena Olin as The Colonel, “a shadowy figure who is the mastermind behind our villains.”
- Greg Austin as Travis Leich, “a fanatical young man whose adherence to the Nazi cause leads him to do whatever dirty job is necessary, no matter how murderous.”
- Dylan Baker as Biff Simpson, “a cold and conniving politician.”
The series is from Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Sonar Entertainment. It is created by David Weil (Moonfall), who writes and executive produces.
Photo: Paul Archuleta/Getty Images, Randy Shropshire/Getty Images for Entertainment Weekly