From BBQ Becky To Brutal Rap Beefs, May Proved Black Folks On Twitter Truly Don't Know How To Act
Damn you, Twitter.
June 01, 2018 at 2:42 pm
May 2018 was filled with hilarity. Becky called the police on black folks (what's new?), and black folks turned her into one of the greatest memes of all time. And recently, Drake and Pusha T have placed us in a time warp back to the early 2000s. Rap beef is back!
But back to racism — because white people can't seem to find a chill these days. Roseanne Barr decided to tweet a racist message about Valerie Jarrett, the former special assistant to President Obama. Although a serious matter, of course, Black Twitter found a way to give Barr the hilarious drag she deserves.
From politics to pop culture, here are some of the unforgettable tweets from May:
There was "The Story of Adidon":
1. I can’t believe it’s been 12+ hours and the Black Twitter Investigative Bureau hasn’t found us any pictures of lil Adonis yet— Jonathan (@jnthnwll) May 30, 2018
2. 😂 how drake visit adonis pic.twitter.com/iWjpO17fhZ— kifee (@DennisKibe) May 31, 2018
Gas me if you wish:
3. Hood niggas really will have a bitch feeling GREAT about herself. You tell a hood nigga you on yo way to class & reply “my lil Michelle Obama” 😭😭😭😭— Killaaa G (@Bigg_Rishh) May 21, 2018
Folks asked some pressing questions:
4. Can Knuck If You Buck be considered a Negro spiritual?
More at 11.— Small Freedia (@KidFury) May 28, 2018
And showed all the way out with the foolery:
5. HOW NORTHEAST DC NIGGAS GET THE FUCK FROM THE POLICE 😂😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/sLZx98lQjz— DMV HOODZ AND NEWZ © (@DMVHOODZNDNEWZ) May 30, 2018
6. LMFAAAAOOOOOO!! pic.twitter.com/7KTyQ8gTVQ— Sha wit da Rah (@Shvkxir) May 23, 2018
7. Do y'all think Maxwell was talking about drums or flats in Pretty Wings?— Ovary Buster (@Womb_Beater_69) May 27, 2018
8. The President of Black Don’t Crack Sorority Inc. taking her annual headshots https://t.co/qOFYK5O4A2— Eric Perry (@actingeric) May 21, 2018
But back to Drake and Pusha:
9. The internet is the GOAT! Do not! I repeat! DO NOT BATTLE THE INTERNET! The internet is undefeated. I concede. 🙌🏾 pic.twitter.com/Hmh0t4AAZD— PHAROAHE MONCH (@pharoahemonch) May 30, 2018
10. Aubrey’s Got a Baby ?! 🙃 I hate the internet pic.twitter.com/kvyZlRLSqG— Schefter’s Source 😏🏈🏀 (@ILikeItMyWay) May 31, 2018
11. We. want. bars!
Not a clarification via notes app! pic.twitter.com/k3UYcS0hym— Philip Lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) May 31, 2018
Also... it's 2018, hun:
12. Paris you are 37 https://t.co/vH1ikLi5SG— Jasmine Sha-Ree Sanders (@JasMoneyRecords) May 31, 2018
OK, Auntie O?!:
13. When auntie is on her third glass of Yellowtail at the cookout pic.twitter.com/akmNQseIhB— Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) May 26, 2018
Here’s to June and all its inevitable foolishness.
Do you prefer ‘The Temptations’ or ‘The Five Heartbeats’? Is Jamie Foxx in ‘Ray’ one of your favorite performances of all time? Do you watch BET all day when 'The Jacksons: An American Dream' comes on? If you can answer any of these questions, vote in our Black Music Bracket here! You won't be disappointed.