Race & Identity
SCOTUS decision proves jury duty should no longer be an after thought #stopaskingpermission
- A reminder that we have a job to do when it comes to this blind justice system. That job starts with showing up for the task at hand.
- Prosecutors may find it hard to continue to strike those who show up ready and willing to do the job. They may be able to strike a few of us out, but if we start to show up enough, they can't strike us all out.
- Stop asking for permission to get involved in the judicial system that doesn't require an arrest or citation.
- Start responding to those jury summons *promise I will too*
- Stop creating biases that would force you not to be chosen.
- Make sure you show up in more ways than one.
- #Stopaskingpermission and start answering your summons.
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.