The Los Angeles Times is reporting that iconic musician Prince died of an opioid overdose, per the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office in Minnesota. CBS News says the medical examiner is expected to release a report on the findings this Friday
The particular opioid they say the entertainer died from is fentanyl, a synthetic opioid considered to be "more potent than morphine." Both CBS and the Associated Press reported from anonymous sources in April that "Prince was found unconscious on the plane, and first responders gave him a shot of Narcan, an antidote used in suspected opioid overdoses." According to earlier reports, a doctor based in Minnesota saw Prince and prescribed him medicine before being found dead in his Paisley Park home
Prince seemed to be in good health prior to his death, performing in Atlanta at a concert in the Fox Theater on April 14th. Prince's untimely death in late April of this year caused millions around the world to mourn. Dying at the age of 57 in his home in Minnesota, Prince has no will and surviving children
Like what you're reading?
Get more in your inbox.
Our thoughts and prayers are still with Prince's loved ones as we remember his timeless legacy