Chance The Rapper Pushes Back On Claims He Dismissed R.Kelly's Victims Because They're Black Women

"I apologize to all of his survivors for working with him and for taking this long to speak out," he said.

Photo credit:Twitter

| January 07 2019,

11:49 pm

After appearing in the Surviving R. Kelly docuseries, Chance the Rapper apologized to Kelly’s alleged victims as well as his fans for previously working with the singer. 

The 25-year-old, born Chancellor Bennett, was featured in the final two hours of the Lifetime documentary centered on R. Kelly's alleged near 30-year-history of sexual misconduct and abuse of women and underage girls.

In May, Chance spoke to culture critic and writer Jamilah Lemieux, formerly of Cassius magazine. The 45-second clip, which was featured in the documentary, focused on the Acid Rap artist and his working relationship with Kelly.

HuffPost notes the Chicago native shared the stage with the Chocolate Factory singer before. He also collaborated on the 2015 single “Somewhere in Paradise.”


Chance allegedly said he did not believe the victims because the victims were Black. After the final episodes from the six-part series aired, he apologized and clarified in a thread of several tweets.

“FYI, I conducted the interview with Chance in May,” she wrote. “He spoke clearly and unequivocally in support of BW and the victims.”


Surviving R.Kelly

Blavitize your inbox! Join our daily newsletter for fresh stories and breaking news.

Now, check these out:

Florida Teen Accused Of Cheating by Educational Testing Officials After Her SAT Scores Improved

Student Fearful After White Classmate Posts Snapchat Photo Of Her, Saying 'Wild N*****r Has Appeared We Must Lynch Her'

Drug Dealing College Students In Wales Avoid Jail Time After Judge Is Impressed By Grammar In Their Text Messages