- You often feel a bigger sense of purpose beyond what you’re currently doing. You know there's a lot more than meets the eye and you're right, so keep on searching and following that internal voice.
- You're a fish out of water. It's clear you don't fit in, not just physically or culturally but mentally. You have to come to terms with it and accept that you are intellectually different. Embrace it and cherish it, because you are unique in many ways.
- You are misunderstood. You're considered weird, maybe not in a "stay away" kind of way, but intriguingly weird. Don't close yourself off — people want to understand something they've never been around. It can get annoying being misinterpreted and answering the same questions, but take it as an opportunity to educate.
- Like Akeem throws all of his money into the offering plate at church, you see what you want and go all in! This isn't a bad thing, however, don't put all your money into the offering basket. You'll figure out what it is you really want, it just takes some trial and error.
- You're very confident. Similar to the scene where Akeem jumps in front of the taxi commanding it to stop, we’re often perceived as cocky. You exude an unapologetic confidence, and it's the same trait that's allowed you to try new things passionately and find success in the things you set your mind to. You're taking the path less traveled, yet more rewarding.
I’m Shalom Bako, Raised in Nigeria, Living in Los Angeles. I’m an LA Galaxy Alumni, Founder @dreamsnambition, passionate about Business, Marketing, and Afri-Tech. If you enjoyed this article, please share! And feel free to contact me to speak at your event or podcast. Thank you for reading! E: email@example.com Insta: @shalomiethehomie Twitter: @shalomiedahomie SC: @shalomiedahomie