Update (July 15, 2010): The gunshot wounds Megan Thee Stallion said she sustained over the weekend were allegedly inflicted upon her by singer Tory Lanez, reports TMZ.
After leaving a pool party held at Kylie Jenner’s Hollywood Hills home, Lanez allegedly began arguing with Megan and her friend, Kelsey Nicole. The two wanted to exit the vehicle, and the “Broke In A Minute” singer began firing shots, hitting Megan in the feet twice, according to Page Six.
“Tory fired the shots from within the vehicle while Megan was outside trying to leave,” a source told the outlet. “There is video and the police are investigating. This is a case of a man physically harming and abusing a woman.”
Following alleged rumors that Lanez was defending Megan, the rapper’s producer denied the claims, calling it a “bulls**t story.”
“I hope y’all don’t believe he was defending her! This is a bulls**t story,” Lil Ju Made The Beat tweeted.
I hope y’all don’t believe he was defending her! This a bullshit story https://t.co/441zNsGq8I
— LilJuMadeDaBeat (@LlLJuMadeDaBeat) July 16, 2020
Nicole took to Instagram to inform her followers that she was not the one who shot her friend.
“I WASN’T the one with the gun and would never do something like that,” Nicole wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post. “However I was present.”
Detectives said they are seeking information for an ongoing investigation regarding the shooting that involved Lanez. Police have not confirmed whether Lanez is a suspect.
Original (July 13, 2020): Rapper Megan Thee Stallion said she was shot on Sunday in an Instagram post explaining the events at a pool party which led to arrests.
"The narrative that is being reported about Sunday morning's events are inaccurate and I'd like to set the record straight. On Sunday morning, I suffered gunshot wounds as a result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me. I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullets," the rapper wrote on Instagram Wednesday afternoon.
"I'm incredibly grateful to be alive and that I'm expected to make a full recovery, but it was important for me to clarify details about this traumatic night. I'm currently focused on my recovery, so I can return back to my life and back to making music as soon as possible," she added.
"I was never arrested. This whole experience was an eye opener and a blessing in disguise. I hate that it took this experience for me to learn how to protect my energy," she said in the caption.
Rumors have swirled for days about what exactly took place at a Hollywood Hills party on Sunday morning. TMZ reported that musician Tory Lanez was arrested after police were called around 4:30 a.m. because of an argument happening outside of the party.
The dispute led to shots being fired, and Lanez drove off with Megan in the car. Police eventually caught up with the SUV and found a gun in the vehicle.
Lanez was charged with carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle, which is a felony in California.
Lanez and Megan both posted multiple social media videos and photos from a party, hosted at Kylie Jenner's home according to TMZ, earlier in the night. The police were called to a location a few miles away from the home.
Initially, it was reported widely by TMZ that Megan Thee Stallion had a cut on her foot from broken glass, but the news outlet later said police are now referring to her as a victim. Police also confirmed that she had been taken to the hospital after Lanez was arrested and that they found at least four shell casings outside of the Hollywood Hills home.
While a video shared by TMZ shows police arresting Lanez and handcuffing Megan, the rapper said in her Instagram post that she was never arrested.
It still remains unclear who shot the "Hot Girl Summer" rapper and what led to the shooting.
Lanez has been released on $35,000 bail and has an October 13 court date.