It's been a little bit over a year since Charlottesville, Virginia's white supremacist rally, which occurred on August 11, 2017.
The rally began the night before, when images of angry white males with tiki torches shouting Nazi slogans shook the nation and turned tragic when a woman was killed by one of the white supremacist demonstrators.
The rally wasn't a peaceful one before that young woman's death as frightening video of the brutal beating of a black man, DeAndre Harris, at the hands of several white supremacists near a police station proved.
Two of the men involved in the attack on Harris have finally gotten their comeuppance.
In two separate hearings on August 23, 2018, Jacob Scott Goodwin was been sentenced to eight years in prison, and Alex Michael Ramos was sentenced to six years in prison. Both men were found guilty of malicious wounding, NPR reports. Goodwin received 10 years in total, but two of those years were suspended.
Goodwin initially claimed he beat Harris in self-defense after seeing Harris throw a punch at the leader of a North Carolina white nationalist group. That man pressed charges against Harris; however, Harris was later acquitted of those charges.
Harris did not attend the hearings, as he "is working to put the beating behind him both physically and mentally," prosecutor Nina Anthony, said according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
“I am truly and genuinely sorry for what happened to Mr. Harris,” said Goodwin during sentencing, NBC 29 reports.
“I’m really sorry for everything I’ve done,” Ramos reportedly told the judge.
Six men were seen attacking Harris in the video, but only four have been arrested in connection with the attack so far.
The other two people arrested in connection to the beating addition have been charged. Daniel Patrick Borden was found guilty, and his sentencing is scheduled for October 1. Tyler Watkins Davis, who faces one count of malicious wounding, is scheduled for arraignment on October 4.
Now, check these out: