A former NFL player and his girlfriend are accused of killing her 5-year-old daughter, possibly due to excessive force on the body.

WJLA reports 28-year-old Cierre Wood — formerly of the Houston Texans, New England Patriots and the Buffalo Bills — and his 26-year-old girlfriend, Amy Taylor, have both been charged with murder.

Taylor's daughter, La’Rayah Davis, reportedly died of blunt force trauma caused by multiple injuries in their Las Vegas home where she was found on April 9. The death was ruled a homicide.

News 3 reports Wood used excessive workouts as a punishment for La’Rayah, who he believed to be overweight.

Wood told authorities that he would “make her run sprints in the apartment, do sit-ups and wall squats" "to get her on the right path due to her being chunky.”

Additionally, police noted in the arrest report that on one occasion, Taylor disciplined her daughter by sitting on her chest and stomach.

The Clark County Coroner's Office revealed that the toddler's skull showed signs of several contusions and reported multiple rib fractures. The document stated that the "age of the rib fractures is unknown” and assumed that a large “liver laceration was the probable cause of her demise.”

Danaun Davis, La’Rayah's father who lives in central California, shared his heartbreak with reporters after attending the court hearing.

Blavitize your inbox! Join our daily newsletter for fresh stories and breaking news.

“She had so many people that she touched and she's only five," said Davis. "Her not to be alive and how much life she had. That's the tragic thing about it."

“She can't be there no more. I can't call her no more,” he expressed. “You purposely hurt my kid. Never thought I'd bury my child at 5 years old.”

La’Rayah recently celebrated her fifth birthday in February. On Tuesday, she was found unconscious at her mother's home, and medical workers transported her to Summerlin Hospital where she later died.

Child Protective Services reportedly filed a complaint against Taylor in December 2018, but authorities claim the concern was not related to the child's physical or mental well-being.

However, Davis said that he had a cause for suspicion.

“Every time I picked her up the last few months she was afraid to go home,” Davis admitted. “She kept telling me something was wrong."

“I really wish I could just talk to her again. I'm sorry that I didn't listen,” he continued.

A GoFundMe has raised over $8,000 to assist with the child's funeral services.

Family and friends of the child held a memorial for her on Saturday at a local park. The ceremony was reportedly inundated with her favorite stuffed animal: unicorns.

Now, check these out:

Maxine Waters Continues Push for Impeachment, Issues Subpoena for Trump's Bank Records

Burnings Of 3 Historically Black Louisiana Churches Deemed Hate Crimes, Suspect Denied Bail Ricky Riley

Krispy Kreme Owners Admit Family Has Ties To Nazi Party, Pledges To Donate Millions To Charity