There are a select group of internet memes that will go down in pop culture history. There's the OMG Wow! meme, SpongeBob meme after SpongeBob meme and there is, of course, the ever-classic Confused Nick Young meme.You know the one: Nick Young — aka Swaggy P — breaks the fourth wall The Office-style, looking confused AF. Once someone added three question marks to the gif, it was a wrap and history was made. Due to the super fast, viral nature of the internet, it's easy for people to latch onto a meme without knowing its origins. That's why Black Twitter Meme History exists. And just in time for Mother's Day, All Def Digital put in the work to uncover the source of the Confused Nick Young face meme.Happy Mother's Day pic.twitter.com/sIwW3fhZXs— All Def Digital (@AllDefDigital) May 13, 2018In the newly unearthed video, Young's mother recalls how Young became the athlete he is today. She says Young would play around a nearby park with local pro athletes, and they would say, "If that boy ever takes it seriously, he'll be great."After being reminded of that, Young's mother hits him with the ultimate roast, "But he was a clown, then."Cue Confused Nick Young face. The video drew a lot of different reactions. Some people were surprised to learn the man in the video is none other than Golden State's Nick Young, while other wondered just who Nick Young is.I.... never knew this was Nick Young https://t.co/V4wDGAmNbm— 🤕 (@dancekotadance) May 14, 2018Look man when I found out the man who gave us that reaction image was the same man who gave us this gif, I was a changed man. God bless Nick Young the meme farm. pic.twitter.com/vybhORr2YP— yeetza hut (@CullenAndamnson) May 14, 2018How many of us know the meme but never saw the video 😂😂😂🙋🏾♀️— palePumps (@palePumps) May 14, 2018How many know the meme but also knows who the person is 🙋♂️— mithrs (@mithrxs) May 14, 2018Who?!?!! pic.twitter.com/8oiBeoMo1T— palePumps (@palePumps) May 14, 2018In typical internet fashion, people responded to this meme with other dope memes; memeception at its best. This culminated into yet another origin story revelation for someone who didn't know the source of another popular meme: Mind blown! pic.twitter.com/CxNms67Bw3— palePumps (@palePumps) May 14, 2018Since we're on the topic, where's this "mind blown" meme from?— Kwaku (@Kwaku_waku) May 14, 2018The show “The Wire”— Mandy (@mandysomean) May 14, 2018Shout-out to Wee-bey.
I've never seen the original video either! 🤣🤣🤣
A post shared by NJLALA.com (@ooolalablog) on May 13, 2018 at 5:20pm PDTAnd if you don't know, now ya...
While we were all still recovering from our LEMONADE hangover, Drake blessed us with some artwork for his highly anticipated album, Views From the 6. The artwork features the Canadian rapper photoshopped on top of the CN Tower in Toronto. Let's just say Twitter wasted no time when they got their hands on this.
Here are some of the best memes based off of the album artwork:
1. Enter the Jordan crying face.
had to add my little spin on the drake artwork pic.twitter.com/asWvjSK2ZB
— I'm Creative... AF (@BillionBus) April 25, 2016
2. And, Skai Jackson because we all know Drake is petty AF.
3. We even had a brief cameo from this legendary Drake meme.
4. Birdman in the corner like: "Is this album called Views From the 6 or Sights from Toronto?"
5. This one might just win the Pettiest Meme of the Year award.
Meek's #VIEWS pic.twitter.com/amOwAVFhsJ
— Complex (@ComplexMag) April 25, 2016
6. Na, but Meek was probably looking at this meme in that last photo.
VIEWS FROM NICKI / @Drake pic.twitter.com/SsPW0MG5JO
— Edward Chiu (@edwardjschiu) April 25, 2016
7. Even Bey isn't exempt from this savagery. Behold,"Views From the Cornrows."
The jokes are already coming in. #VIEWS pic.twitter.com/Ja1aZ2fxDy
— 2DOPEBOYZ (@2DopeBoyz) April 25, 2016
8. "Views from 'Where's Drizzy?' a new children's book coming to your local Barnes & Nobles."
Where's Drizzy?#VIEWS pic.twitter.com/VnoPHkuQ37
— Complex News (@Complex_News) April 27, 2016
9. ANOTHER ONE.
Idk how but...this L still makes its way back to Meek. #VIEWS pic.twitter.com/HQdOudtFXG
— h.shariff (@haikotelli) April 25, 2016
10. Nah, but seriously though. Drake fans might just rival the #BeyHive.
11. Don't lie-- a Drake, J. Cole collab album would be the truth.
— DJ TrusssMiidemiks (@HeadphoneJones_) April 25, 2016
12. Ernie and Bert already know, and they're teaching the children too.
13. Now y'all know Norm couldn't let this one pass him by.
14. When you realize that you're scared of heights...
15. And when you REFUSE to let that One Dance pass you by.
WHEN YOU LATE FOR CARIBANA AND NOW ALL THE DUFFERIN BUSES ARE PACKED pic.twitter.com/gq3diSpfrv
— most slept on (@DijahSB) April 25, 2016
Who's responsible for Black Twitter having Photoshop? We need answers.
READ NEXT: Black Twitter shuts down this country music critique of Beyoncé’s ‘Daddy...
Leave it to Black Twitter to turn a beautiful picture of this young lady into a symbol for all things petty. We've all seen the meme on our timelines. The poised young girl in a blue dress sitting with her legs crossed and her hair tucked behind her ears.
The girl, Skai Jackson, stars in the Disney Channel show Jessie. When Skai posted this picture, she probably didn't expect to become the face of pettiness, but she is and here are some of the best memes:
1. When you have no time for friends who don't understand the meaning of a no f*ckboy zone
2. Or people who insist they know what they're talking about, but don't.
3. *smiles and waves goodbye as the door closes*
4. When you always get what you want so other people's opinions don't matter.
5. "Of course we can see other people. Who do you want me to be today?"
6. When Queen Bey is on your side so everybody else has to fall in line.
7. And they do, so now everybody being petty together.
8. "Soooo y'all really thought I was gonna pay $7.99/month for this?"
7. *pretends to look innocent when you know you're guilty AF*
8. "I guess you must not like your phone then."
9. "That's not my business massa."
10. *cue all of the confused white people*
11. When he didn't read the fine print on the contract.
12. *rolls eyes*
13. *cue vision of your mom giving you a whopping.*
14. "I don't know what you're talking about."
15. When Charlamagne hits you with: "Did you pull up on Ross that way? Or Trick Daddy?"
*Logs off of the Internet forever*
READ NEXT: These 16 hilarious tweets just made Birdman’s #RespectMyName rant even...
It’s that time of year again. Good luck.
1. Annoying and inconsistent club entry and exit policies
2. White people saying the n-word during "N* In Paris" and every Drake song
3. Broke friends buying tables with $$$ they don't have
4. Woke friends singing along to R. Kelly songs
5. Expensive good quality non-hangover liquor you can't boycott
6. VIP section seats lit and you can't afford them
7. Your friends’ surprise when you drop it to the floor when Juvenile’s "Back That A** Up" comes on
8. Anyone coming behind you and trying to aggressively cop a feel
9. Ending up in the arms of a supposed-to-be-bygone lover when the night is over
10. Getting roasted by childhood friends who ain't about it when you try to convince them to vote mid dropoff
And finally, waking up to this post:
...Knowing full well you will go out next year because that’s just what we do.
Bridget Boakye is a writer, poet, editor and business creative. She shares some creative content and commentary on Twitter @boakye_b and IG...
Friends — how many us have them? Plenty. But there are certain qualities that make someone bestie material: loyalty, humor and being supportive all top the list. As I thought about what makes a great friend, it dawned on me that "October's Very Own" is the pinnacle of #friendshipgoals. Drake has all the qualities of a best friend, and here's why:
On "No New Friends," he told us he is dedicated to the team he has.
Drake loves to clap for his friends. Can't you just imagine him congratulating you on all your major milestones? I am going back to school for my masters degree just so I can invite Drake to my graduation.
3) Sense of Humor
Have you seen his dance moves?
4) Drama Free
The hot headed friend could be a liability at times but with Drizzy you won't have to worry about this. "Diss me, and you'll never hear a reply for it."
5) he can be Vulnerable
Due to Mr. Graham's willingness to share his feelings, don't you feel compelled to do the same? We all have our moments when we want to let our guard down. Let Drizzy help. If Drake was your best friend he could write you a dope song as cry over your #Netflixandchill boo.
6) But He isn't a pushover
Although you don't want a warlord for a bestie, you certainly don't want a wimp. We all need someone who can stand up for us and have our back (to back) when needed.
Everyone loves Raymond? Nope, everyone loves Champagne papi!
Aubrey has this amazing talent where he is able to remain friends with folks even after he does horrible things like steal your girlfriend (or so I've heard). You know what that means for you? More VIP passes.
8) Embraces His "Flaws"
He knows he is considered "soft" but he doesn't care. This is important. If you have a bestie that hasn't accepted themselves in areas you happen to excel in, resentment can build. Relationship killer. Keep singing, keep shining.
Started from the bottom. Now? We're here.
10) Team Player
Sometimes you need a friend that can take the "L" for the team — why not let it be Drake?
As I compile this list, I'm starting to think Drake isn't the bestie, he's bae. #heyboo.
What qualities do you love most about your best friend? Let us know in the comments below! ...