Banana bread has been one of my favorite food items since childhood. I’m not really sure what it is about it that makes me love it so much, but I truly do. The recipe presented here is not your standard version that your grandmother makes. The chocolate chips and almonds are nothing entirely new to the banana bread game — it’s the flax seeds that throw in the twist here. I have a decently large container of them in my pantry, so I thought that mixing them into the batter would be a great use and would provide an extra nutritional boost. Some even call it one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. This should make you less guilty about having an extra slice. I sprinkled on some oats for a little more visual texture, but they’re definitely not necessary. Lastly, I also tried a few in muffin form to see how they would turn out—I think I baked the muffins slightly too long though, as they were a not as moist as the whole loaf. Maybe next time.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large, ripe bananas (approx. 1 1/3 cups)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer semi-sweet or dark)
1/2 cup chopped, roasted almonds
1/4 cup flax seeds
Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Then add in your bananas.
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and allspice together.
Beginning and ending with the dry mixture, alternate adding in that and the milk.
Mix in chocolate chips, almonds, and flax seeds at the end.
Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until done.
This post was originally published on The Hungry Hutch.
DID YOU GIVE THIS RECIPE A TRY? LET US KNOW IF YOU LOVED IT IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
vibro masseurs ...
Alright, I'm gonna warn you now. Take a seat, grab a napkin or a bib and be prepared to salivate and be left hungry, drooling and drying the tears you'll shed because you can't have a bite of each of these right now. You thought chicken and waffles were good? Well, you were right, but this is some vamped up chicken and waffle realness. Who could possibly say no to that?
1. Chicken and red velvet waffles. This is like brunch and dessert in one meal and absolutely nothing could be better than that. Nothing.
2. Duck fat and chicken waffles... I mean, really, who is turning away extra fat? Not I.
3. Spicy chicken and waffles with hot sauce, black pepper, syrup AND gravy. If you don't like your food hot then you can exit now. This is honestly the best sweet and spicy genius-ness I've ever heard of.
4. Mix and Match chicken and waffles. Are you really telling me I can choose between a cutlet, legs or wings?! A classic waffle or a sweet potato waffle? Hold up... they have vegan and gingerbread waffles too? Shmears and sauces and drizzles and candied nuts to your hearts desire. Literally everyone is happy. Okay, who am I kidding. Just read their menu, view their gallery and make your reservation. I'm there.
5. When they made it into a sandwich! Portable chicken and waffles? Yes, please. Buttermilk fried chicken and spicy slaw sandwiched between jalapeño cheddar waffles and served with jalapeño maple syrup equals so much yes. (Also, here's a recipe to make your own chicken & waffle sandwiches #getonmylevel)
6. Chicken and waffle nachos with maple mustard syrup and sriracha. Need I say more? Someone, please make me these ASAP.
7. Drunken Chicken 'n' Waffle ravioli. This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill. This may not be up for any photo awards any time soon, but did you read that description? Literally, get it my belly.
8. This chicken and waffles has everything you need. No you do not need to choose what to have for breakfast. Buttermilk fried chicken, country gravy, bacon and a fried egg on a Belgian waffle. #allinclusive
9. Vegan chicken and waffles. clearly this is the world's way of saying everyone is meant to have chicken and waffles. Everyone.
10. Fried chicken in a waffle cone. Is this a joke? With mashed potatoes, spicy slaw and jalapeño maple syrup. Someone prepare my grave.
11. Did someone say picnic? How about two fried chicken and waffle sandwiches with whiskey maple syrup, pickled green tomato and watercress on a cheddar cheese waffle. I'll take that to go please.
12. I am telling you, there has got to be something about breakfast + dessert (breassert?). Tell me that red velvet waffle does not make your mouth water, I dare you.
13. I don't know what deliciousness is drizzled here, but I'm not even waiting for a fork tbh. Take that knife and dig in. (Chicken and waffles is never a poor decision, stop w these captions pls)
14. Chicken and waffles meets eggs Benedict. This is a test of how many flavors can my mouth handle at once? And to that I say: all of them. Bring it on.
15. Classic-ish. But are those potatoes I spy on there? Either way this looks too heavenly not to include.
16. MINI chicken and waffles. The MORE the merrier. If they are bite sized I can just eat them endlessly, right? Seriously, this is dangerous.
17. Sriracha honey glazed fried chicken with pickled green tomatoes, arugula and bacon maple bourbon country gravy on NY cheddar Guinness waffles. I am breathless.
18. Chicken and waffles with salsa verde and jack cheese. This is like when your two best friends meet each other and they love each other and you get to relish in all that goodness. #mine #mine #mine
19. Chicken and waffles for the five-star dining crowd. Chicken and waffle canapé, foie mousse, lardons and bourbon barrel syrup... if you say so. So long as I can eat it in one bite.
20. Yes, you are seeing that right. Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. That is in fact chicken and waffle pizza.
21. Chicken stuffed sweet potato waffle with a fried chicken breast in a nutmeg hot sauce with maple butter. Can you say "wow?" This is everything I want and more. #FEEDME
22. Batterless fried chicken and Ube waffle. The chicken is marinated in smoked paprika, ginger and onion. The waffle batter is made from ube, a cousin to the yam. And it's all served with coconut syrup and anchovy-bagoong butter. *prospective baes take note*
23. Cheese and buffalo chicken stuffed croissant waffle. WTF. OKAY. ME. PLEASE. YES.
24. Sriracha and maple syrup chicken and waffles. Because sweet and hot and look at that tower, YASSS.
25. Just when you thought buffalo chicken and waffles couldn't get any better... check this, it does. Sandwich them with mac and cheese waffles and add ranch, pickled habanero and jalapeños.
26. Fried chicken parmesan with basil and a parmesan waffle. Does this count as Italian? Soul food? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? All of the above? I want it always.
27. This place seriously has any combination of waffle and chicken you could never think of. Yes, I said never. Blueberry fried chicken and a blueberry waffle? Check! Black bean-jalapeño waffle with nacho cheese sauce and onion relish? Yep, they've got that too. But, alas you can never go wrong with your classic chicken and waffles (and a heaping side of fries).
If you're hungry AF and ready to make brunch plans. Share this on Facebook with a friend below.
More and more people are replacing their weekend breakfast or lunch out routines with one meal: brunch. If you're not a breakfast person, or if you enjoy staying up late and partying on weekends, then this is the perfect meal for you. And with the number of restaurants offering brunch in the DMV area, it's kind of hard to keep track of the good ones - the most popular ones according to the brunch crowd, that is.
And so we took it upon ourselves to list out 15 of the best brunch spots to lounge about on lazy weekends. Try these places if you're dropping by or live near.
1. Masa 14 - Washington, DC
Pork Belly Steamed Buns - photo by Yelp user Diana Y.
2. Wicked Waffle - Washington, DC
3. Georgia Brown's Restaurant - Washington, DC
4. Perry's Restaurant - Columbia Rd, Washington, DC
5. Birch & Barley - Logan Circle, Washington, DC
6. Cafe Deluxe - Wisconsin Ave, Washington, DC
7. The Bombay Club - Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC
8. Ardeo - Connecticut Ave, Washington, DC
9. Tabard Inn Restaurant - Washington, DC
10. Old Ebbit Grill - Washington, DC
11. Black Salt - MacArthur Blvd, Washington, DC
12. Ted's Bulletin - Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
13. Founding Farmers - Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC
14. Busboys & Poets - Washington, DC
15. Blue Duck Tavern - Washington, DC
sexy lingerie femme ...
BRUNCH. Brunch. Brunch. Breakfast with lunch. Lunch with Breakfast. Everything but dinner. Want to drink beer or mimosa with your waffle? Want scrambled eggs and a side of sweet potato fries?
The laid-back dining lifestyle in Los Angeles has become so popular that tons of new restaurants have opened during the last few years to cater to the bougie brunch crowd. And with so many brunch spots out there, it can definitely be overwhelming when it comes to choosing where to eat.
Enter our list of 15 of the best brunch places to go to in LA.
1. Salt's Cure
2. Primitivo Wine Bistro
3. Square One Dining
5. The Sycamore Kitchen
10. The Terrace
12. The Anchor
13. Blu Jam
14. MessHall Kitchen
15. Faith & Flower
Love one of these brunch spots? Share this list with a friend for your next weekend...